The mosques and their waqfs in the towns of Kliški Sandžak at the beginning of the XVII'th century
This work gives, at first, a view of touns, that is settlements vvhich had a status of provincial town s (kasaba) on the territory of Kliški Sandžak at the beginning of the XVIIth century. This Sandžak included a region of Southwest of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Southeast of Croatia, more exactly, from Konjic at the East to Gospić at the West, then from K lis and Skradin at the Sout to the river Una at the North. In that region at the beginning of the XVIIth century there were 17 settlements with a status of provincial towns: Konjic, Prozor, Prusac, Oborci, Donji Vakuf, Gornji Vakuf, Livno, Sinj, Klis, Vrlika, Drniš, Skradin, Glamoč, Knin, Jezero, Zemunik and Hrvace.
The basic source for this work w as an extensive cadastre list of the region of Kliški Sandžak appeared at the beginning of the X V IIth century, in fact, betw een 1603 and 1617. On the basis of that notebook the data about the mosques that existed at that time in cited places are presented, and also Waqfs from which the mosques w ere supoorted. In addition to the data about the mosques the data of the incomes and expenses of Waqf are presented and of the employees who were payed from the means of Waqf. These data, in fact, represent a summary of Waqfnamas. When the fact that only one Waqfnama is preserved we take into consideration, Waqfnama of Ferhat paša Sokolović for the mosque in Banja Luka in which the mosques of Zemunik and Hrvace are cited too, than it become obvious that these data from the notebook are quite new and they give a more better picture about the towns of that time.